Fire at Cleveland Senior Living Facility Leaves One Dead, Several Hospitalized

March 3, 2015

Last week, an overnight fire at Alpha Housing Estates, a Cleveland senior residential complex, left one person dead and several more hospitalized for smoke inhalation.  While details of this tragedy are still being probe, fire investigators have confirmed that the building was not equipped with a sprinkler system.  Had the proper fire safety equipment been installed, this tragedy—like so many others—may have been preventable.

As Ohio home fire attorneys, we know too well the pain and suffering experienced by home and residential fire victims and their families.  Having seen the dire effects of house fires caused by negligent maintenance or defective products, we have attempted to raise awareness of the dangers of residential fires on this blog.  Unfortunately, no amount of fire safety education can protect against every hazard created by a negligent landlord, careless neighbor, or malfunctioning appliance.

Defective or absent smoke alarms or sprinkler systems, improper appliance maintenance, and faulty wiring can all create an unreasonable risk of harm to residents of a house or apartment building.  These unreasonable risks cannot be tolerated, and injuries caused by these risks should be compensated fairly under the law.  Having represented countless home and residential fire victims and their families, the Ohio house fire lawyers of Lowe Scott Fisher Co., LPA have the experience and skill to fight for the rights of innocent victims.

If you or a loved one were injured in a home fire, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.  Contact the Cleveland house and apartment fire attorneys at Lowe Scott Fisher Co., LPA for a free consultation.

Back To Blog